Saturday, December 4, 2010

"I’ve given up on giving up slowly, I’m blending in so You won’t even know me apart from this whole world that shares my fate..."

I seriously had the most amazing day yesterday, two words...Relient K. Well one word and a letter. They rocked my socks, I have always wanted to see them play. Alex, Amy, Christine, and myself rode together to see the show. Our friend Kevin and a buddy of his came as well. The concert was held at Rocktown, a really neat venue in Nashville. Two other bands also played before Relient K, they were Sherwood and Deas Vail. Both bands were really good, and I was so sad that I hadn't heard of them before. The concert had some Christmas music which was wonderful, I love Christmas songs. When Relient K came on I was so pumped. They are probably one of my very favorite bands of all time. One of my favorite songs they performed was Be My Escape. This was by far my favorite show I've ever been to! 

Tonight was our Christmas party which was a lot of fun. I had a really great time with all my friends. We sang a few Christmas carols and i could feel myself tearing up a bit. I just keep realizing how much I am going to miss all these wonderful people. Another thought that I had was about the way I've presented myself. My sincere hope is that I have presented myself well to my friends here. I hope that I have been an encouragement and a fun person to be around. 

I am excited to go home but at the same time I'm scared. Knowing that I'll never be with this group of people in this setting again really bums me out. Plus a lot of things are changing in my life. One of my best friends from home just got engaged, I am so happy for her. I am really interested to see what happens when I get home and how I react to all that has changed. Even though I was just home things change. 

I have done some more thinking about my future, still not completely sure of where I'm headed. But I do feel better about it, I feel like God is closer again. I think that I will get things figured out, God knows my heart and where I need to go. I am so glad I am not just aimlessly wondering around, He's got it all under control. I love Him for that as well as everything else. God is good no matter where I am and what I am doing. I love you God <3

<3 MusicMajor11


Relient K

Matt from Relient K!

Cutest member of Relient K ;-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment