Monday, November 1, 2010

"Love is an ocean wide, we'll swim in the tears we cry..."

Well prep for tour is well underway and everyone is feeling the stress. The really nice thing is that all of our classes are canceled for this week :D This past weekend was pretty good, lots of late nights recording. Almost every night was till 3:30 or 4 am. So I slept in most days which was helpful. Sleep is one of those things I can't have less of. I went on a much needed Halloween shopping trip...got a Mario costume! Also I went with two of my five roommates to Chipotle my new favorite place to eat. Mmm burrito bowls. 


Last night was our Halloween party which was a blast. There were so many fun games! I participated in this one eating game. The object was to eat chunky peanut butter off of a piece of Plexiglas. There were two girls and two guys. Me and my friend Kyle won! Then me and him went head to head. That meant we had to share a piece of Plexiglas. We each had to lick the peanut butter off of our own side, it was sooo funny. Even though I felt like the peanut butter was choking me it was rewarding, I got a Chipotle gift card haha! Another quite interesting game was the musical chairs and donuts. In this twist of a classic game if you got out by not having a chair you ate a donut. Now the trick to this is that some of the donuts were normal while others had mustard, ranch, sour cream, and nacho cheese inside. Definitely a fun night :)


Today was nice, I got to sleep in and just talk with my friend and roommate Amy :) I have been at the CMC building since one today because of all the tour planning. Also there may or may not have been a trip to Sonic in there ;-) 


As for tour we are going to four different colleges, they are... Kentucky Christian 17th, Anderson 18th, Indiana Wesleyan 19th, and Taylor 20th. The really neat thing about this is that I can have my parents come pick me up from Taylor which is about 2 1/2 hours away from home!! I am so excited for Thanksgiving, it's only 19 days away.

I've been really thinking lately about family and how much they mean to me. I am so blessed to have such a loving family and that we are all so close. My little brother and I are just like best friends. Even though he is 17 and I am 21 we get along really well. I miss him so much, I didn't cry when saying goodbye to anyone except when it came to him. I just lost it. I can still picture the gray sky and tears that fell when I waved goodbye to him. But I can't wait for family time, Thanksgiving is one of the two big holidays that my family gets together for. I feel as if when I was younger I didn't really pay much attention to family things. But as time has passed I have taken great notice in them, and how I miss being a little kid. I was in such a hurry to grow up and now that I am grown up getting ready to start another chapter in my life it's hard. The great thing is I still know that little kid that used to play with Barbie's and play pretend for hours. I still know the little girl who dreamed big dreams and made wishes on stars. I am that same little girl just grown up and finding her way in the world. I miss being little. 


Well it's been a long day...goodnight everybody!

<3MusicMajor11




P.S Visit this website to check out my interview with Nashville Country Club about The Band Perry show that happened at the Opry...
http://nashvillecountryclub.com/Members/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=2346 

2 comments:

  1. Great interview Danielle! Do you have show times for your tour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kentucky Christian University is at 7pm, Anderson is at 9pm, IWU is at 9pm and Taylor is at 7pm, you are certainly welcome to come! :)

    ReplyDelete