Thursday, October 28, 2010

"A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes..."

Yet again it is time for another CMC LIVE. We are quickly approaching tour and thanksgiving break. There are three weeks till tour as of today which completely blows my mind. How can time go so quickly when it seems like just yesterday it was several months till I'd be home, now it is merely weeks. Tomorrow will be the day where we put together the "tour package" i.e the artists/bands that will be playing. This will be challenging but hopefully it will go over smoothly.

Today we went for a hike through a park for our exec class and we all got a chance to talk about things. That is why I love being here, we get to do fun spontaneous things like that. It really helps us to not become bored and stagnant. Even though I am usually a person who has to know what exactly is going on, not knowing sometimes is quite a blessing. 

Tonight is going to be a long night for me because one of my artists Justin is recording from 10pm-8am!! I will try to be there as long as I can. I have actually never stayed up that late before. So it will certainly be an adventure. Then my other artist Lizzy is recording from 10pm-2am Friday. The reason for this late recording is that the artist's first master recordings as due Monday, and since we had a late start getting into the studio... It has made it hard since the recording process can be tedious at times. I have noticed that drums seem to take the longest to mic and get set up. Also we only get one three hour recording session per week unless you book extra time. Three hours really isn't a lot of time to be honest. Even with all of this I think that my artist's will be just fine, their masters are going really well. 

I find myself increasingly being worn out. All this staying up late is beginning to catch up with me. But still I am trying to do my best to keep my head above water. I am trying to find time each day to where I can rest in the moment and just relax. So far so good, especially this week since I don't have an artist or a job. Such a BLESSING! I am going to really start digging into those publishing books, I have learned so much already about it. Also I ordered a book of Van Gogh's letters which I am looking forward to reading. 

One last bit of thinking I have done is to tell myself that God is truly bigger than any bad day I am having or any uncertain thoughts I have. It's good to know He's got it under control and that He knows where I am heading. Thank you God. 

<3 MusicMajor11

1 comment:

  1. I read "Lust for Life", a biography on Van Gogh, when I was studying abroad in college. That read was particularly impactful in developing a greater appreciation for the arts. I look foward to hearing about your Van Gogh reading.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete