Sunday, October 3, 2010

"I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly..."

This has been one of the coolest weekends I have had in a long time :-) I got to have a great movie night with two of my roommates. Also I got to see the Grand Ole Opry for free with Abby and Michelle. It was a blast especially since we saw the renovations they did since the flood. Plus we got to see Brothers Trouble and The Band Perry! Truly it was an amazing day, and it was nice to have fun and relax. Today me, Michelle, and Abby visited a new church, Rolling Hills Community Church. It was so awesome, I am pretty sure that we are going to go back. They are doing a series on being Fearless. Soooo awesome! 

Today has been a day of reflection for me. I keep thinking about how fast time goes. It just seems that when you start to get the hang of something it starts to go by faster and faster. I mean we are going to be doing our 4th show this week and then that means we are half way done. I can hardly believe the time that has past. It just seems like every week goes by with anticipation to the next show. Everyone is constantly preparing for the next show by writing, singing, playing, planning, and preparing. By the time the show is over the next one is already in the works. I love this way of learning though. I get to sleep, eat, breathe music 24.7. It's going to be hard to go back to Bluffton and start up regular classes and classical music again. Not that I don't love classical music but it's so different than this. This is what I  am meant to do. 

Bluffton has been a journey of a lifetime. I have made so so many memories there. It's going to be exciting to go back but also sad. I know that I only have one semester left and it's going to go by fast. So here's to all of you Bluffton friends, profs, mentors, and awesome people I know. I will probably never know the full extent of how you all have affected me. Thank you for being there for me and for being amazing. I love you all. 

<3 MusicMajor11

2 comments: