Monday, October 18, 2010

"If your lost and look-and you will find me time after time..."

Today has been one of those days...Hammer Time went well for the most part. I am struggling with being really busy with two artists performing this week. Also we are starting recording which is a whole different ball game. I am confident that I can do it but still it's really crazy!

However I am really pumped about being asked to play my clarinet on my artist's song! Also the neatest part is that the song is being recorded . I can't believe me and my clarinet will be recorded. I never thought that I would have a chance to perform on my clarinet with this type of music. God works in mysterious ways, He also surprises you when you least expect it. I practiced it with my artist yesterday and it sounded good together. I am a little nervous about playing this Thursday but I just figure that I am doing it to give Glory to God and to have fun. I will have to use ears and attend sound check not only to help my artists but to actually play. God.is.good. 

I am really wondering here lately where I will be after this and after Bluffton. I can't really see where I will be next summer or even next fall. I kind of have a blindfold on to be honest. But really I think it is a good thing. My best friend/cousin Dustin once told me that if he had the choice to have all of his life laid out before him or not know what was going to happen, he choose to not know. I believe that he is right, because if you did know you would try to avoid the hurtful things and rush head first towards the good things. As hard as it is to think God has went before us and He knows where all of us are headed. I am also reminded that what happens on this earth is not forever. It is so easy for me to get caught up in the little things and worrying. When really none of that has eternal value. I believe that living and loving each day for the Glory of God is my purpose. To smile, laugh, cry, and just love until the end of time. God has given us so many beautiful things that have eternal value and yet I choose to worry about the silly things that will not matter.I love my life even when I do have those crappy days and I feel like giving up. 

Even though my future is uncertain I do know that God never changes. He is the same yesterday today and forever. Wow. Just check that again, never changes. To me that is so powerful, because so many things in all of our lives change and shift around. But God He doesn't. God-Thanks for that, I can always count on you when I feel like I have nothing else. 

To end my post I would like to leave you all with a phrase that was coined by Bach. SOLI DEO GLORIA. This means to GOD be the Glory. I encourage you to do everything for his Glory even if it is doing homework or taking a walk with a friend. Give it all to the One who never changes. 

<3 MusicMajor11

No comments:

Post a Comment