Thursday, October 14, 2010

"Just a small town girl livin' in a lonely world..."

Here we go, it's time for another show! Can't believe it's already Thursday. So much has happened and will be happening. First of all we are all preparing to start recording in the studio soon! To which I will be my artist Justin's executive producer or co-producer depending on what he would like me to do. I will be in charge of making sure everything is ready and that the band members are informed. Also I just need to be there as a support and a person to bounce ideas off of. I am quite excited about this process because my artist has got it. He is wonderfully talented and I know that his master recordings are going to be sweet! When it comes to this recording process we will have four three hour slots of time with the chance of additional time which will be figured out in a lottery. This lottery time ranges from 12am-8am! So there are going to be some coffee induced comas in my future :-P Actually if all possible I really want to avoid that haha.

With all of this recording we are needed to also promote our artist by making a website complete with pictures and a bio. This part is really exciting for me because I have a little experience in this area. I have my pictures picked out and I am in the process of thinking through a bio blurb. Plus I have some demos of Justin's songs. All in all this is going to be a really neat experience. 

Now if that wasn't enough to be busy with the execs (my track!) are going to be planning our tour! This tour is going to be a lot of work with very rewarding outcomes. We have to work on everything from budget to logos to merch ect. There are so many things for us to be working on and looking forward to. I absolutely cannot wait for this to happen. 

The weeks have been speeding along so fast, I know I keep saying it but it is so unbelievable. It seems like every time we get a hold of everything it's Thursday again. That is definitely the case this week. I am trying my best to take each day at a time and enjoy the moments God's given me. I just know that it is going to be so hard to return to Bluffton after this experience. Don't get me wrong I do want to go back to Bluffton but this experience has truly changed my life. I really do believe I will end up here after I graduate college in May. Not 100% about it but I just have this feeling. I know that God will provide me with the direction that I need to go. For right now I am just free-falling enjoying the ride down. I have my worries and concerns yes-but overall I am just trying to trust God to pull my parachute at the right time. I don't know how far from the ground I am, and I believe that God is determining that. He has got me in His hands, I trust him with all I have. Here's to enjoying the free-fall!! 

<3 MusicMajor11

No comments:

Post a Comment