Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"Our God is greater, our God is stronger, God You are higher than any other..."

This weekend I had a wonderful time bonding with my roommates over fall food and mall shopping :-D I truly love those girls, they are so awesome. I am so blessed to be with such fantastic roommates! Sunday was a good day as well because I got to spend time with another friend, Rachel. We baked together which was a real blast. She really inspires me, she came to CMC thinking about working in music and now she knows that baking is her calling! I really hope that she gets into culinary school because she will blow them away! I am so happy for her. It's so nice to get to know people on another level. 

Monday was a day of business as we talked about our up and coming tour which is three weeks away from this Thursday, it's so hard to believe! I am on the marketing team and I am the merch manager for the tour which makes me really excited. It is going to be an experience of a lifetime! Even though I know that my calling isn't on the road it will still be a great time for me to grow and learn. I can't confirm the schools that we are visiting yet because they are not 100% certain but I will post them as soon as I know. It's going to be awesome, CMC Tour 2010! 

One sad note among all the happiness is that tensions are running high among everybody. I really think it is getting to the stressful point in the semester where everyone is taking it out on others. I try my best to stay out of the conflicts and provide positive energy but its hard sometimes. I really hate to see people not getting along, it breaks my heart. I just pray that God intervenes into these situations and causes hearts to be softened. But conflict is a part of living in a community like this. The important thing will be how we all deal with it and get it resolved. 

Today was a awesome day, one reason for that is I got to record my clarinet! My artist/friend Lizzy is doing a master recording of her original song. She performed it this past Thursday and she so graciously asked me to be involved! I was so excited about being asked to play let alone record. I had such a rush of energy recording today. It was so awesome to have the mics around my clarinet and the headphones on. We did three takes of the clarinet and I believe it sounded good. I was so humbled to have that opportunity! God is so awesome!!! He truly provided me with an excellent opportunity. It was so fun to record, I would definitely do it again for sure! I would also like to play again on another show but even if I don't I am still so happy. I didn't expect any of that to happen, let alone to get the feedback that I did :)

I am feeling hopeful about working in the music industry even as changing as it is. I feel like that is where I belong. Music is something that has been essential to my life, I couldn't imagine doing anything but music. Music gives me this feeling that I can't even describe. I love that feeling. This is just a dream, being around music 24/7 for a semester. We had Phil Keaggy come in today and it was such a blessing. He was so joyful and man could he play the guitar! He blew me away, the guy truly has a God given gift. I love this program and everyone it in. I just can't say that enough. I am so excited for the things to come as the semester progresses, it will be awesome. God has truly opened the doors for me and I can never thank Him enough for that. 

<3 MusicMajor11

Sound check for CMC LIVE!

My artist and I doing sound check

CMC LIVE Stage right before the show

Me performing with my artist on my clarinet!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment