Thursday, September 30, 2010

"Yesterday, Today, and Forever You are faithful and I will trust in You..."

SO glad that stage managing is done! Phew, it was a lot of hard work but it paid off. Granted it was not perfect but I felt like I did my very best and my team survived. There were a couple of errors like a missing guitar cable, mic problem, and such but overall I think it went great. Also this week was Round 2 (3 songs and background vocals). So each artist (there were seven) had to play 3 songs. This required a lot of set changing which can get crazy. Especially when you are dealing with mics and making sure each person has the right one. But it was handled well and then tomorrow we start the whole process over again to prepare for our next (4th) show! I cannot believe how fast this semester is flying! It just seems like yesterday I was just getting here. But now we are already in October, so crazy. 

I just keep wondering, where will I'll be after this program is over. I already cannot comprehend all the growing I've done, or things I learned or friends I have made. Time will surely show me what all has taken place. But for now I am completely amazed at how God knew I was going to be here before I was born.  I just can't believe how good God is to a sinner like me. I am just overwhelmed at his grace. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. I am so thankful for that because I know I am not always the same, but He is. Somehow I know that all that happens here is going to change my life as I know it. I can just remember being a high school senior deciding that I wanted to do music over accounting. Plus going into music business instead of music education! What a life God planned for me. Music is just so glorious, it gives me goosebumps, makes me cry, laugh, smile. It gives me this feeling nothing else does, and being around it 24/7 is perfect. 

I'd like to leave you with a quote I wrote for class with Tom one day..."Art is giving flight to the soul and letting it soar with God"-Danielle 

Goodnight everyone!

<3 MusicMajor11

No comments:

Post a Comment