Friday, September 24, 2010

"Hey soul sister ain't that mister mister on the radio..."

Well here we go again, here at the CMC our week starts on Friday. This week I am the stage manager and my artist will be performing. I am excited/nervous. There is a lot that goes into being a stage manager. But mostly it's plan plan plan and DETAILS! As my prof Tom says, "There are 1001 ways to fail" and those ways usually include details being over looked. So far I have done well with the tasks given but I still get nervous when it comes to doing the job. 

Last night was really great, the show was good. There were some elements that need to be worked out but I would say it was great for just our second show. This week the ante is higher and the artists have to play three songs with full band and background vocals. This makes it hard because the artist has limited rehearsal time to work with and so many things to rehearse. But I have faith in my artist Justin, he is a great singer/songwriter/performer! 

Well I got to go, we are doing "Demo Derby's" today. Which consists of our artists recording a rough demo of their original songs. My first recording session with my other artist Lizzy is at 2 and then 4 for Justin. Today is definitely going to be interesting!

<3 MusicMajor11

1 comment: