Friday, September 10, 2010

Play the music, not the instrument. ~Author Unknown~

It was only a week ago today that I was on my way to Nashville. I remember that I was feeling so scared/excited/nervous all at once. As the week has went on I discovered that I am a lot stronger than I thought I was. I am just trying to keep an open mind and heart as I take this one day at a time. Sometimes I just can't help to think that I am so blessed to have such a wonderful opportunity like this. My relationship with God has gotten even stronger because of this experience. I was put into this strange place with people I have never met and I knew that God was the only sure thing I had. I put as much trust as I could into God and it turned out to be the best thing I could have done. It's like I could picture myself holding on to the side of a cliff and God telling me to just let go. Even when I was falling  I just kept thinking of God's promises and He caught me.

Music is something that has always captured my heart. I'll never forget the day I got my clarinet when I was in 6th grade. From that moment on I believe that God prepared me to do something like this. It was that moment when music entered my life that I knew I'd never be the same again. Here at the CMC we live and breathe music, it's just like a dream. I know that this trip is going to change my life. Thank you all for supporting while I am away :-) 

<3 MusicMajor11

No comments:

Post a Comment