Wednesday, September 22, 2010

"Just breathe..."

Today has been an excellent day, God is awesome. The poster for the show turned out perfectly! With the help of Lucas who did a fantastic job on the graphic designing! Also I found out that my job as stage hand isn't as scary as I thought it would be. Oh and our second show is tomorrow, which is quite crazy, I am pumped for it, I have a good feeling about it. Everything feel into place today with Lizzy and the band. I am just continuously amazed at the God given talent everyone has. Everyone also has a great sense of community :-) We are all getting to know each other very well and I am so glad for that. I just had the thought come to me today about how I am going to miss this place. The funny thing is I haven't even left yet! We just got here and I am thinking about how bittersweet December 10th is going to be. It is quite remarkable when not that long ago I was feeling quite homesick.

I recently starting reading a great book that I had read before titled " The Secret Things of God" by Dr. Henry Cloud. Wow. This book once again blew my mind and different things have jumped out at me. One such thing was that "Our heart is like a garden, and needs constant weeding." When I read that today I was stirred in my heart to do something that I should have done a while ago. I dated a guy for 41/2 years and it didn't end very well. But somehow today I knew that I needed to let go of all the hurt he caused and move on. I realized it was only hurting myself to hold on to it. So like Francesca Battistelli says in her song" I'm letting go of the life I've planned for me..."

Good night everybody, wish us luck on our second show, Singin', Songwritin' n' Music City!! (p.s I created that title :-P)

<3 MusicMajor11

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Danielle! You continue to be our thoughts and prayers!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete